May the road rise up to meet you
Are you looking for a diversion to keep you motivated and fit? Join us and kick-start 2021 off with an epic 4 ½ month Challenge from now until May 31 across the West Coast of Ireland. Better yet, grab a friend. You can do this solo, as part of a team or as a member of a relay.
Our Run West Ireland Challenge transports you along a route located on the rugged and majestic coastline of the Wild Atlantic Way. You’ll pass medieval castles, stunning cliffs, and an epic coastal landscape, the likes of which legends are made of. You can choose to challenge yourself to complete distances of 100 miles to 502 miles and anywhere in between.
Your 502-mile journey begins at the famous Stone Age archaeological site of Céide Fields and finishes in County Cork at the medieval Blarney Castle. You can run, walk or log exercise equivalents from the comfort of your home gym, treadmill, neighborhood streets, or nearby trails no matter your zip code.
We’ve put together a few bells and whistles to send you on your journey:
- An interactive tracking system that shows your advancement along the map of the West Coast of Ireland as you log your mileage
- (9) mini mileage challenges with completion badges that are fun and keep you fit
- Sweepstakes prizes for completing mini mileage challenges
- We’ll drop you a real postcard as you reach certain iconic landmarks, as many as (4) if you reach Blarney Castle in County Cork
- Everyone receives a St. Patrick’s Day surprise sent to their home
- Digital images sent your way as you pass 8 amazing points of interest along the route
- Earn digital gold coin mileage badges to fill your pot o’ gold
- Downloadable event bib
- An awesome custom finisher’s medal.
- Exclusive access to the Run West Ireland Facebook group
- We’re also putting together some curated Ireland-inspired playlists for good times to come!
About our Beneficiary
Supporting Cancer Survivors
The sole beneficiary for the Run West Ireland Challenge is the Sacramento-based Triumph Cancer Foundation. Our missions are aligned when it comes to the importance of physical fitness and how it enhances the quality of life.
The mission of Triumph is to recapture lives after cancer through physical fitness. The organization’s signature program, Triumph Fitness, is a 12-week fitness program specifically designed for cancer survivors to regain strength and stamina after treatment. Triumph Fitness is offered at no cost to adult cancer survivors, and there is no other organization providing the type of services offered by Triumph in our community.
- Donation Progress 41.0% 41.0%
Help us reach our goal of $50,000 for
Triumph Cancer Foundation!
What are you waiting for?